Framlingham College was founded as the Suffolk County Memorial to Queen Victoria's husband, Prince Albert, and its full title is 'The Albert Memorial College'. It took its first pupils in April 1865 and it rapidly established itself as a centre of educational excellence within Suffolk and East Anglia as a whole. It was a leader in the movement within Public Schools to develop co-education, taking its first girls in 1976, and it is now a fully co-educational school.
The College stands in extensive grounds and enjoys possibly the finest view in Suffolk over Framlingham Mere and Castle.
Framlingham has had a junior school for most of its history; since 1948 the Junior school has been at Brandeston Hall, about four miles from the College.
Below, a view of the College from the front lawn.
For more information on the school, click on the following link to visit the school's web pages.
Also see Publications for latest College and Brandeston Newsletters.